Thursday, March 29, 2007

Great Idea #18: Suburb Translator

I live in Melbourne. I like living in Melbourne. In fact, I like it so much I'd come here for a holiday, but I can't because I live here. So, instead, I have to settle for a holiday in Sydney.

When I holiday in Sydney, I like to go shopping, have lunch, have coffee and go out for dinner. In Melbourne, I like to go to St Kilda, to Brunswick St, and to Carlton. But because I can't tell Newtown from Nth Parramatta or Narrabeen or Balmain from Bangor or Bonnet Bay, I don't have a clue where to go.

If only there was a way to find Sydney's St Kilda, Sydney's Brunswick St and Sydney's Carlton.....

This is where a suburb translator would come in handy. You enter the name of a suburb in one city into a suburb translator website and it's equivalent in another city will pop up!

Sydneysiders will never have to go looking for a devonshire tearoom in Dandenong again.

No comments: